Sunshine Blogger Awards




A huge thank you to Dana Provo for tagging me along with 10 other bloggers in the Sunshine Blogger Awards! So, here are the rules for taking on this challenge:

• Thank the person who nominated you.
• Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked.
• Nominate 11 other bloggers, making sure to let each one know that they are nominated.
• Ask the nominees 11 questions.

And now, for the questions I was asked:



  • What is your middle name? Jean...and I also kept my maiden name, Reed, as my official middle name when I did my name change stuff after getting married. On July 4th, my husband and I will have our 8th anniversary! :)
  • When did you first learn how to ride a bike? Wow, I'm trying to remember. I must've been about six years old.
  • Are you the kind of person that likes to plan things or go out on a whim? As with my writing, where I'm a mix of a plotter and pantser, I'm the same way with my life. I plan, but I also like the spontaneity of going with the flow and going out and doing something fun on a whim.
  • What is your favorite thing to wear? Anything cute, really, as long as it's comfortable, too. I have a collection of dresses, so I'll go with that as my ultimate favorite thing to wear.
  • Name a country then explain why you named it? I'll go with Paradise, because that's what I'd want it to be. A tropical island paradise that's a beautiful, heavenly place to live. 
  • What is your occupation? I work as a clinician at a residential facility.
  • If you could own only one animal, what would it be? Definitely my cat :)!
  • Which element do you relate to the most? Why? Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Spirit. Well, I'm a Virgo, so I suppose Earth would be one answer, but I do love the ocean, so water as well. Water is so soothing and relaxing.
  • Are you planning any vacations this year? If so, where? I've been on a couple already to visit family and go to the beach.
  • Name your favorite book? Too many to choose just one! But I still love the DarkAngel trilogy, the Harry Potter books (love the time travel element and the Marauders back story in PoA), Beth Revis' ACROSS THE UNIVERSE series, and the Divergent trilogy.
  • Lastly, do you believe that there are aliens in space? Considering that there are likely billions of suns in each galaxy, and billions of galaxies in the universe, it wouldn't surprise me. Even in our own solar system, we have moons with vast oceans that may harbor marine life. We've already found extrasolar planets that may even be similar enough to Earth to support life as we know it. I think it's pretty likely that other worlds in this immense universe have given rise to life. Some of them may be homeworlds to intelligent life who has taken to traveling among the stars, exploring space.


  • Here are the 11 questions I'm passing along:

    1. What's your favorite dessert?
    2. What book, TV, or movie character is most like you and why?
    3. Where in the world would you most want to live?
    4. Like my MC Leah in MIRRORMASTERS, you discover an ability to control mirrors to see what's happening in other places, other times. You can even travel there through the mirror if you want. What would you do with that ability, and where/when would you travel?
    5.  Who is the author you'd most want to meet and why?
    6.  When did you first start blogging?
    7.  What's your favorite blog post of all time from your blog? Take us down memory lane :)
    8.  Tell us a little about your current WIP!
    9.  What fun plans do you have for the summer?
    10. What's at the top of your list of ways to spend a lovely day off work?
    11. How do you celebrate when you finish writing/editing a novel?

    Now for my nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award:

    Deeba Zargarpur 

    Leandra Wallace

    Dana R. Lynn

    Laura Wadsworth Carter

    Carol Riggs

    William Alan Webb

    Michael Abayoni

    Krysten Lindsay Hager

    Suzanne Thomas

    Kadee Carder

    Krista Wagner


    Comments

    1. Thanks for thinking of me for the nomination! And my middle name is Jean too. =)

      ReplyDelete
    2. You're welcome, Leandra! Wow, that is awesome that we have the same middle name :).

      William, so are you, and I'm excited for the interview exchange!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment