YA Highway Road Trip Wednesday: Which Bookverse?

This week's topic: What book universe do you wish you could live in?


Wow, so many ideas popped into my mind as exciting choices.

At the top of my list was the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, with its enchanted castle and all the magic capable of doing just about anything. Still, as I thought about it, it's probably a world I'd much rather experience through a book (and movies) than actually live in on a daily basis.




Another bookverse I've gotten into lately is the Lunar Chronicles, a sci-fi fairy tale series. So far, I've read CINDER and SCARLET. Again, with a world under the threat of war, I'm not sure I'd want to actually experience that one, either--though I highly recommend checking out the books!


I've also been enjoying Tamora Pierce's series based in the fantasy world of Tortall--the Protector of the Small series about a feisty girl who becomes a Lady Knight, and the Beka Cooper series about a girl who becomes a police officer and her adventures pursuing criminals along with her mentors/partners.

The ACROSS THE UNIVERSE series will always have a place in my heart, and I love, love, love the idea of a voyage to a new planet in another solar system. If that voyage didn't have a power-hungry dictator, a psychopath murdering the frozens, phydus, and pterodactyls, I'd be more excited to actually go on that journey to Centauri-Earth.

Honestly? With all the sci-fi and fantasy I read, it's much more fun to read about adventures and danger. Actually having to go through it? Probably not so much. I think I'm torn between the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, just to experience that world, or living in the world of the DIVERGENT series as an Amity.

What bookverse would you choose?

Comments

Popular Posts