Updates and Contest Watch!

Hello, all! It's been way too long since I've worked on the blog, but lately I've been sprucing up the page with tons of updates. The most fun part was choosing a new header! My About Me page has some cool pics and has had a facelift. I've updated my MIRRORMASTERS page with a fabulous character sketch of Leah done during WriteOnCon by author/illustrator Larua Tisdel, as well as an updated blurb (AKA the pitch part of my query). There have been a few other little updates here and there, and I hope you enjoy!

I'm actively querying THE MIRRORMASTERS, and for a first novel, I'm pretty excited about the successes I've had so far. Who knows if this will be the one, but I'm really just getting started with my search for the literary agent who's right for me.

In the meantime, I'm about a quarter of the way through a first draft of my second novel, BENEATH THE RED SKY, about a girl named Kassi who has to move with her family to be part of the first colony on Mars. 

For anyone who is in the query trenches with me, the lovely Brenda Drake’s Pitch Madness is in full swing! If you entered the blog contest, best of luck. I’m right there cheering you on, and waiting with hope until September 6th, when we find out if our pitches are still in there. Whether you entered the contest or not, there’s another #PitMad twitter pitch party on September 12th, so mark your calendars.

Comments