A MILLION SUNS by Beth Revis: Review





Spoiler Alert! Spoiler Alert! Spoiler Alert! Possible spoilers ahead...


This week, the week I'd been waiting for, finally arrived! I'd pre-ordered my copy of A MILLION SUNS by Beth Revis, and it showed up on my Kindle overnight. It was there, bright and shiny and ready for me to read Tuesday morning. Have you all read it yet? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Oh, and I shall slap a spoiler warning on this thread so we can discuss it here freely. So, if you haven't read it yet and don't wish to be spoiled, you may want to wait and come back here after you've had a chance to finish the book so you don't get spoiled by the review or by anyone's comments. I devoured it that day, and below is my review posted to Goodreads:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


AMAZING! This will be difficult to review without spoilers, but I will say this. It is a strong sequel, and it left me breathless in anticipation for the third of the series. So many elements I'd found in other reviews were spot on. It was fast-paced, with poor Elder (who refuses to let himself be called Eldest)running around dealing with one problem after another--people who refuse to work or can't due to depression, food shortages, people who want to cause trouble just because they can, people who want to overthrow Elder as a leader or just establish another system of government. And all the while, Godspeed is falling down around them. Meanwhile, Amy gets clues left to her by Orion, who figured out the entire truth about the ship long ago and has secrets to tell as well as a choice for Amy to make. 

A choice that could change the fate of everyone on Godspeed. 

I loved that we learned more about Harley and, especially, Kayleigh. I loved that Victria played a larger role this time, and that everything that happened made me truly feel for her. Really, my one nitpick with the book was that the voices of Amy and Elder didn't come through as distinctly as they did in Across the Universe. Otherwise, I loved the relationship between Amy and Elder--the love, the fights, the questions and doubts--though there were times I just wanted to reach into the book and shake them. I also want to shake the people at the time of the plague, too, for their inaction.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


There were so many wonderful scenes in this book, but I'd have to say my favorite one was the spacesuit scene and all that Elder and Amy learned there (like where the ship actually IS, and that Amy truly loves Elder).  So, what were your reactions, favorite scenes, etc.? 

Comments

  1. Hi where did you get the kindle version of A Million Suns from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it from Amazon. On their listing there's a link to the kindle version :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment