Best November Read

YA Highway RTW time again! This week's topic asks you to dish about the best book you read in November. For me, it was:


From Goodreads:


Can there truly be love after death?
Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life—or her actual death—she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but will him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.
Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.
Thrilling and evocative, with moments of pure pleasure, Hereafter is a sensation you won't want to miss.
With such an intriguing premise, I had to read this one. If you love paranormal romance, you won't want to miss it.  The relationship between Amelia and Joshua is so sweet, and I couldn't help but root for them despite the obstacles they face--a grandmother who wants to banish unclaimed spirits like Amelia who died in the river below a bridge, a possessive and dark spirit named Eli who wants to claim her for his own and will stop at nothing to do so,  and of course the fact that she's dead.  The story was unputdownable, and I'm so looking forward to reading the sequel(s).  
What was the best book you read in November? 

Comments

  1. That does sound interesting! I'll have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one many times, but have never added it to my TBR list. Might have to do that now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover of this book and you had me at " If you love paranormal romance, you won't want to miss it" *Smiles*. I love paranormal romance, especially when the story seems to be so intriguing (I may be bias as I am currently writing a YA paranormal romance novel :-)). Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that looks really interesting! I'll have to add that one to my list.

    I read Shatter Me, and it was easily the best book I read last month. I really just want to read it again. (But sadly, it had to go back to the library...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angelica, if you do, let me know what you think!

    Jaime, you definitely should. =)

    Awesome, commutinggirl! Hope to read your paranormal romance someday! Haven't written one yet, but I may have to try my hand at writing in that genre sometime. Hope you enjoy Hereafter!

    Stephanie, I have found Tahereh Mafi's blog, and it is AMAZING! I can only imagine how amazing Shatter Me is. It's on my to-read list, and I may just have to make it next on the list. That is, if I can get to it before A Million Suns comes out next month. I cannot wait to read that one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts