When They Were Young


This Week's Topic:
What non-YA character would you love to see star in a YA book as themselves?



I would love to see a prequel to the Darkangel Trilogy that focuses on the White Witch. A young, innocent girl who gazes up at Oceanus (Earth) from her home on the moon and just wants to go there. A mother who won't tell her the truth, that the moon was nothing but a playground for the Ancients who came from Earth and later abandoned them--only to destroy themselves and their world. 

It would be amazing to read the story of how as a teen, these secrets and lies fueled her hunger to get to Oceanus. To watch her descent into madness and her self-destruction as she turns to evil to fulfill her dream. To hurt with her, to cheer her on, to hope that someone could save her before it's too late...


What adult MC would you love to see star in their own YA novel?

Comments

  1. I haven't read this one, but both it and the prequel sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know this story at all... but it sounds fascinating! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this book, but I do think it would be interesting to watch someone turn evil and to hope against it, even though you know how it ends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this one...I'll have to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, Katharine, Sarah, Stephanie, and Peggy, thank you all so much for your comments! I guess the Darkangel Trilogy by Meredith Pierce isn't too well-known, but it's a fantastic fantasy, and I'd love to see not only a book prequel focusing on the White Witch, but to see the series in film!

    Wonder what it says about me that I also thought about a teenaged Jadis (another White Witch--from the Chronicles of Narnia)? Though I have to say my first thought was a teen Rebecca Bloomwood because I thought that would be pure fun. I just wasn't sure whether it had already been done or not by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment