News, Passing Along An Award, and RTW!

First, the news: After two years (at least) of writing, I have finally finished the first draft of The MirrorMasters! Now the editing begins.  There are spots that need a lot more work than others, and I'm still working on figuring out how to rid the manuscript of about 35K words, as well as common errors. Still, it's an awesome feeling, and I can't wait to see how it all shapes up in the second draft.

Now it's award time! Thank you so much to Sara at Crow River Writer for awarding my blog the Leibster Blog Award. You made my day :).

The idea of the Liebster Blog Award is to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Once the Award has been bestowed upon your blog, pay it forward and recognize five other bloggers. So, here are my five picks:


(Aaand now I realize I misspelled the name of the award when passing it along on these blogs. So sorry about that!)

Kate Bennett - check out her awesome book, Inevitable.


This week's YA Highway Road Trip Wednesday asks what your best September read was. I didn't get a whole lot of reading done this month, but I have a start on The Hunger Games. So far, I'm loving the story and can't wait to read more.

Can't wait to see what everyone else's September reads were!

Comments

  1. Oh wow! Thank you so much!!

    I also admire your ability not to stay up until 2 AM reading The Hunger Games. I did not get any sleep the week I read that series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing the first draft! If you love Hunger Games, you should also try Divergent (my fav this month).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think The Hunger Games could win most Best Book of the Month for me. Oh how I love those books. Enjoy the rest of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, enjoy The Hunger Games...very exciting! That's a great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your writing milestone! It makes it all worthwhile. I've been bugging my husband to read The Hunger Games but so far he's resisted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @icountwords - You're so welcome! :) I had to stop reading The Hunger Games when I first saw it. I was doing some shopping at a local B&N and read the beginning while I had a little dinner in their cafe. I have now downloaded it and will be continuing it as soon as I finish Abithica.

    @ Jennifer - Divergent is AMAZING! It's one of my new favorites. I have it on audiobook and have listened to it at least twice, maybe three times now. So looking forward to Insurgent in May!

    @ Tracey - Thanks! :). I'm looking forward to exploring the series. It'll be great to see the movie as well when it comes out.

    @ Stephanie - I will. I will! It's really shaping up to be an exciting book so far. I think I'm just at the point where Katniss volunteers to get her sister off the hook.

    @ KO - *cheers*! :)

    @ Angelica - Thanks! It feels great to finally get to this point. It's totally worthwhile to be able to say the first draft is *done* such as it is. It'll take a lot of work on edits, but hopefully those will go much more quickly. Too bad your husband is resisting reading the book. Maybe he'll see the movie and that will get him interested?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing your first draft!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lora, Lora, you have an amazing soul. I mean it. Thank you, thank you so much although I haven't acted upon your gifts as yet. I'm trying to free my mind of some anquish first. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cherie, thanks! The real work of revisions is just beginning to shape the story into what it's meant to be, but it's great to have the first draft to work from.

    Peaches, thank you so much. You're the one with the truly amazing soul! My prayers are with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on finishing your draft and on the award! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, A.M.! There's still a lot of work ahead, but so far it's been fun =D.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts