Announcement and Awards!

The Announcement

It's September, and on the Novelty Fiction group blog, it's time for our second monthly microfiction contest! Check it out and participate. Just create a story in 100 words or less, using the five words in this month's writing prompt.  Last month, there was an honorarium and publication offer for the winner, as well as for each entrant, so it's an exciting opportunity. Have fun, and good luck!

The Awards

A huge thank you to Aimee Renee, who nominated me for two wonderful awards: the Versatile Blogger Award and the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award.  I'm just blown away by the honor, and the awards are so cute :).

Here are the rules for accepting the awards:


1) Thank and link to the person who nominates you.
2) Share seven random facts about yourself.
3) Pass the award to five more blogger friends.
4) Contact and congratulate the blogs nominated.

So, here are seven random facts about me:


1) I can't grow my fingernails long because they peel and break.
2) I'm not political at all. Yet a bit of politics somehow ended up in The MirrorMasters. No idea how that happened!
3) I'm an only child. And always wanted a sibling.
4) Big Brother is my guilty TV pleasure. I'm watching it as I write this.
5) I'm not sure what my Hogwarts house would be, but I can't wait for the official sorting on Pottermore next month to find out! If there were an equivalent of Divergent, that's what I'd be.
6) Desserts are my weakness. I have such a sweet tooth!
7) I have been married for three years. Time has flown by...


And the awards will be passed along to...


1) Stephanie Allen at My Personal Fairytale
2) Lisa Fee at Tall Tales
3) Peggy Eddleman at Will Write for Cookies
4) Peaches Ledwidge at Conceive Writing
5) HowLynn Martin at HowLynn Time

Comments

  1. Awww! Thanks for the awards! I'm all kinds of flattered. And congrats on receiving them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're seriously my new best friend! I'm a BB addict all the way! I not only watch the show but I check out live feeds too... Yup, can't help myself!

    What a wonderful day to get to know you! I found your blog over at Peggy's place! Look forward to learning more about you!! DO you tweet? We can tweet about BB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Peggy - You're so welcome! You have such an amazing blog and totally deserve to have them passed along to you :)

    @ Jen - Yay! So excited to have a new best friend! I haven't ever checked out the live feeds, but I check Joker's Updates to find out what's going on between shows. It's great to know you! I do tweet and would love to tweet about BB. My handle is @lorareedpalmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award!
    Thanks for nominating me, I am so happy Lol, no really I am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome, Lisa! I'm so glad to hear it :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to watch Big Brother with my mom all the time, but I haven't watched it in a couple years since I stopped coming home for the summer and I don't have her to influence me lol.

    Thanks for the awards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment