Best August Read

It's time for another YA Highway Road Trip Wednesday! This week's topic is the best August read. This month, I'm yet again listening to Divergent at the moment (still absolutely love, love, love this book) , and I'm finally about to start Abithica by Susan Goldsmith. It was fun to participate in her recent Q & A about the book on Goodreads, and her book sounds amazing!

From the summary:

"She’s found the love of a lifetime, but there’s a catch: the body she inhabits belongs to another. 

How much change can one soul endure? It would help if she knew what she was or even how such a thing was possible. The one thing she does know is that God has a sense of humor where she’s concerned. Why else would He continue to place her in one host body after another without warning or a clear memory of previous switches? Abithica’s responsibility is to repair her host’s lives while they take a back seat. To ensure her survival and protection, she vows never to get attached, but this latest switch is different from the start. Abithica breaks all her own rules, and is left with a choice. What will happen if she refuses to leave her host’s body? "

What are your favorite reads for August?

Comments

  1. Oooo. Abithica does sound amazing! I'm looking forward to Divergent too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Abithica sounds dark and creepy. I'll definitely be on the look-out for it. And Divergent is one of my favorite books of the year so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just took a peek at Abithica on Goodreads and that cover is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that book sounds amazing. And I ADORE Divergent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never head of ABITHICA, but it sounds great. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, that sounds really interesting. Kind of reminds me of Quantum Leap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished Divergent yesterday. It is definitely one of my top August reads, along with Clockwork Angel. Love them both!

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abithica sounds very interesting. :)

    As for Divergent, it's amazing! I really really enjoyed that book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds awesome. I loved The Host and this reminds me of that.

    Thanks!

    And I could read Divergent again and again and again too - there are just so many others I want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree that Divergent is powerful (and holds up to multiple readings) but the other book sounds kind of like Quantum Leap to me. Not a bad thing, but I will be curious how they differ (or not).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that sounds like a good one! I'll have to add that to my list. Loved Divergent too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read Divergent, but at last check I was still 17 on my library's waiting list and I just bought textbooks so I can't buy it either =( Ah, well, soon. It sounds like you loved it though, so that's awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man, I love Divergent! I want to reread it again, too.

    Also, I have given you a few awards over at my blog. Go check em out!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment