Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Priorities, Priorities...



This Week's YA Highway Road Trip Wednesday Topic:
The house is on fire and you've only got time to grab five things. What are they?


This is a great one, and it really makes you think hard about priorities. As long as my husband and I and the kitty got out safe, everything else is gravy. What would I take?


1. Bible
2. Laptop
3. Purse.
4  A favorite outfit or two
5  Kindle


Can't wait to hear what everyone else chose!


In other news, I've been working this past week on creating the query letter for The MirrorMasters. It's been fun, challenging, confusing and stressful all at the same time.  At least I have tons of time to get it ready. Hopefully I've made a good start on it.


Oh, and I have a cool announcement. My short story, "Unfinished," will be published tomorrow on Samantha Mabry's site, Flash Paranormal Fiction!

8 comments:

  1. I love that you have the Bible as #1 : ) that would be mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying these posts. I didn't think about my Kindle. I'd take my flash drives and phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome, Eliza! :). Medeia, great points about the flash drives. I figured my phone would be in my purse (though I'd have to grab the charger as well), but the flash drive is a vital thing to take if you can. Didn't think about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) my Bible & devotionals (though I haven't read it for a long while now...
    2) my laptop, so i can FB, Twit and blog at the same time, which is kinda difficult to do on my phone
    3) my phone, can't live without it!
    4) my bag, cos that's where my purse and kikay kit are (kikay kit-make up, hairbrush, perfume, meds and everything a bag organizer can hold :)
    5 ) my books and kindle (can i put both? they're almost the same right? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, April! I would say definitely yes to the books and kindle counting in the same category. One can never have too many bookd :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lora! I just hope I could carry all those! :) Anyway, I'm not sure where to comment about The MirrorMasters. I've read the first chapter and I guess I got hooked. I didn't realized that it was just an excerpt, and I'm not reading the actual book! lol! that was an early cliffhanger! :) I'm excited for your book, I will definitely read it, and hope I can make a review once it's published. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm so glad to hear you got hooked on the first chapter, April! Thanks so much for the good luck wishes on getting it published. Either way, I'll share it with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. That would be great! Now I'm totally excited! Hope you finish it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete