Erudite Week: Yes, learning is fun!


"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."
-Rowena Ravenclaw

So, we've come to the end of another Divergent Faction Challenge week. I'd have to say that this week went well. I made sure to wear at least something blue, as is the Erudite custom, even if that blue was only in a bracelet.

At work, I completed a data analysis in preparation for an important meeting, which served me in good stead when reporting on the results. There is a lot of knowledge to be gained in looking at trends and changes over time.

On Thursday,  I participated in the weekly Agent Query Connect chat, especially since I had suggested the topic of self-editing.  It was a topic I was keen to learn more about. Sometime in the next couple months, hopefully, a first draft of The MirrorMasters will be complete, and it'll be time to start on the first round of edits to get the manuscript ready for critique. After the chat, they've posted some useful links and resources on their site for anyone who wants to research more on editing.  It was a great, fun learning experience, and very timely.

Oh, and on Friday, I went to a book signing--my first one--to check out the experience and find out  more about what this part of the writing job is like. I got to meet Kate Bennett, author of Inevitable, a YA book with supernatural elements and a fantastic premise.  It was great to have the opportunity to chat with her briefly, and she gave me her card and signed the book for me. Look for a review here later!

So, all in all, it was a fun and productive week of learning.  I can't wait to hear how everyone else fared during Erudite week!

Comments

  1. Yay for learning new things! I <3 Erudite!

    Can't wait to see what you have planned for DAUNTLESS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took the quiz on your blog and got Erudite ^_^ I love the idea of the weekly challenges you have with Divergent's factions. Very awesome! I, too, can't wait to see what you plan for Dauntless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I <3 Erudite, too! I do have one thing already for Dauntless(had it since the end of Erudite week), and I'll talk more about it on Friday :). I'm finding that I don't have as many black-only clothes as I thought. Still eager to see what challenges come up this week to handle dauntlessly.

    Aimee, that is awesome that you got Erudite! I can't claim credit for starting the challenges. Debra Driza did on her blog (the link is in this post above). Can't wait to see how your Dauntless week goes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts