Dauntless...Maybe.


"We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”
-from the Dauntless Manifesto

The end of Dauntless week in Debra Driza's Divergent Faction of the Week Challenge is here! Time to report on the results.  I managed to wear at least one black item of clothing on most days. To even better look the part, I got a tattoo.

Ok, it was a temporary one. But it was cute. I felt Dauntless displaying the band encircling my wrist, with a heart at the center. To me, it was a reminder of selfless love that often drives bravery.

I tried to be a little more assertive this week. I didn't take any major risks or manage anything really daring. I didn't have an occasion to really stand up for someone else who needed it, or finish any projects to fearlessly send out on submission. So, all in all, no great strides were made this week. But it was fun!

As a writer I intend to be Dauntless, whatever rejections or roadblocks get in the way. As writers, we are dauntless. We keep going no matter what,  keep sending out our work, and brave the waters of agent scrutiny and public critique.

Comments

  1. Yay for Dauntless writing!

    And yay for fake tattoos! (My mom cried when she saw my post until she read at the end that it was fake.) Did you take a picture of your tattoo?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea that all writers are dauntless.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to be more dauntless, especially when it comes to writing and publishing. You need a backbone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sarah- Your tatoo was awesome! I did take a pic of mine and will try to see if it will get from the cell phone to the computer. If it works, I'll post it here!

    @Medeia - Thanks! Here's to Dauntless writing! Have a good weekend, too :).

    @Lydia - It isn't easy to be Dauntless. At least we all have each other for support so we can get right back out there and keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very true re: writers having to be dauntless! Love the temporary tattoo! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts