Oh, Celebrity, Lend Me Your Voice!



It’s time for another YA Highway Road Trip Wednesday! This week’s prompt asks: if you got to choose a celebrity narrator for your work in progress or your favorite novel, who would it be and why? The inspiration for the prompt came from the news tidbit that Cassandra Clare's CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS was partly read by Ed Westwick of Gossip Girl.  Awesome for her, having an audiobook! I have a special place in my heart for writers who started out writing fanfiction--especially Harry Potter. I still love writing fanfiction and role play but don’t make as much time for it as I used to.  My writing time basically gets devoted to The MirrorMasters and the occasional short story.






Audiobooks are a wonderful format for experiencing a story. Sure, I love to read, but I do have a bit of a commute to and from work. With no CD player, I tend to use my IPOD all the time in the car and absolutely love having a great new audiobook to listen to.  I just finished listening to the audiobook of Divergent, and it was amazing! The narrator really captured the voice of the main character, Tris, and did a great job making the story feel vibrant and real. That’s what a great narrator does.  

If I could, I would choose Soirse Ronan to narrate The MirrorMasters. I think she’d do a fantastic job capturing the feel of the story and portraying Leah’s voice.  Listening to her in the movie of The Lovely Bones, especially the parts with her voiceover narration, I thought she’d be a perfect narrator as well as an incredibly talented actress. She’d have done great narrating the audiobook of The Lovely Bones.

So, what celebrity would you pick to narrate your work in progress or your favorite book? If you write a blog post of your own about it, feel free to leave a link here so we can check it out!

Comments

  1. I love reading your blog, so I'm awarding you with the Versatile Blogger Award.

    You can read more about it here:
    http://innerowlet.blogspot.com/


    I'm also passing the rules for accepting this award:

    * Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their site in your original post.
    * Tell us seven things about yourself.
    * Pass along the award to five newly discovered bloggers.
    * Contact these bloggers and let them know they got this award.

    It’s as simple as that. Hope you accept!
    AMSupinger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm awarding you with the Versatile Blogger Award :)

    Here are the rules for accepting this award:

    * Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their site in your original post.
    * Tell us seven things about yourself.
    * Pass along the award to five newly discovered bloggers.
    * Contact these bloggers and let them know they got this award.

    It’s as simple as that. Hope you accept!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Divergent from Audible and can't wait to listen, but my Mp3 player and/or my computer aren't cooperating with the download.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, A.M.Supinger and Stephanie! It means a lot to me that you both passed on this award here :)

    Jennifer, I hope you get your audio of Divergent to work! Once you do, you're in for a treat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment