Inspirational People




"Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal."

-Pamela Vaull Starr


This week's YA Highway Road Trip Wednesday topic is: who in your life has most inspired your writing. For me, there have been many people. Most of all my mom, who encouraged me to do the things I'm passionate about. My grandparents, who inspire me to achieve. The many authors like Meredith Pierce and Christopher Pike who captured my imagination with amazing tales. My role playing friends over the years, and all the ones who have given me feedback and encouragement--you guys included!-- since I have begun this journey toward writing my debut novel. And I can't forget my muse, who kept nudging me over the years to do this. She must have thrown an amazing celebration when I finally listened :).

I thank you all and wish you happy writing!

Who has inspired your writing? I'd love to hear about it, and can't wait to see what everyone else has to say on the topic.  If you write a post about it on your blog, leave the link here so we can check it out!

Comments

  1. Nice list. I highlighted my mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely list. Friends and family can really make such a difference. Sometimes you just need encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christopher Pike! I haven't read his stuff in forever. There's nothing like a good writer to get you going too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Alicia! Mom is probably a popular one for this week's prompt. Parents do have a huge influence, especially when it comes to encouragement and inspiration.

    Thanks, Tracey. So true about the difference friends and family can make when it comes to imagination, creativity, and never giving up on pursuing your dreams no matter what.

    Miss Cole, he is an awesome writer. I loved his Remember Me series especially. Great writers are a tremendous inspiration to keep writing, to keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some storytellers who just make you want to write! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Dana! Everyone's come up with some great lists this week. I love that you included your husband and kids in yours. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts