Divergent Faction of the Week Challenge, Week 2: Home In Amity



Out of all the five factions, Amity the peaceful would probably be where I would feel most at home. Actually, that's the faction I got when I took the Divergent Aptitude Test on Facebook. Of course, I'd want to be Divergent---but Amity would be my faction of choice.

Abnegation would be a close second choice, but I might not feel any more at home there than Tris did. Would I live my life not feeling good enough, selfless enough?  Sure, Dauntless is cool. Really cool. But not the life for me. I wouldn't want to jump off moving trains, or train in combat, or jump down 7 stories into a net. And risk being factionless if I couldn't keep up? No thank you! The fear landscape part of training sounds really intriguing, though.  I wouldn't mind Erudite--except for the rotten, evil criminal mastermind. Some vocal members of that faction are known for just complaining....and complaining...and complaining that Abnegation has the leadership power and nobody else does. That would get really old, really fast.  Not to mention, uncomfortable.  And finally, Candor.  The kind of brutal, blunt honesty that could be more hurtful than helpful would again be really uncomfortable to live with day in and day out.

For the Amity challenge this week--and I really love these weekly challenges and am sorry to have missed the Abnegation one--I wore yellow. It's not my color, really, but I do have one yellow shirt that I wore, and I have a yellow raincoat. It's been a really rainy week here this week! I drank apple juice.  I sang (actually acapella at a coffeehouse on Saturday, which was way more nervewracking than singing with my band). And I didn't just sing last weekend; I sang with the songs on the radio this week like I usually do. Oh, and I was generally friendly, peaceful and understanding. We had a training this week at work in team building, and it was fun to get to know the others at my table. We had to come up with a team name, which was the Spice Divas (combining Spice Girls and Divas)  and worked together well to get through the fun teamwork challenges.

So, there's my Amity week. Can't wait to read what everyone else did for this week's Amity challenge! I'm leaving my link here on the blog that inspired the challenge. Check it out and see what everyone else is doing!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you had success with amity week! It's interesting to see how differently the weeks go for different people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a natural in Amity! I was surprised to find it pretty easy too, althought I never would peg myself in that faction. Sounds like you had a very happy, peaceful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaitlin, it really is interesting to see how everyone's weeks turned out, and how things turn out differently for each of us. I can't wait to check out how things went for everyone :)

    Thanks, Jamie! Sounds like things went pretty well for you, too. What faction would you consider yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you had team building during Amity Week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great that it worked for you! I was starting to worry Amity wouldn't exist in the real world :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It sounds like you seriously rocked Amity this week!! I also wore Amity colors, and honestly, a little pop of yellow really made me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a song-filled week!

    Do you watch Flight of the Conchords by any chance? Your team building reference made me want to sing "team building exercise '99"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for the singing! That's probably my favorite part of Amity *is a big campfire geek*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved reading about everyone's week and seeing what all the challenges and triumphs were. A lot of people seemed to like the singing! The singing and the cheerful yellow seemed to make for a fun week.

    dana, I'm a campfire geek too :)

    Katharine, I haven't watched Flight of the Conchords, but I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice to read a post where the author felt so comfortable. I'm jealous, in a good way, because I totally failed the amity challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you find the faction where you're that comfortable, Marilyn! Can't wait to see what challenge we have next...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts