The Soundtrack of Our Stories...




If your WIP or favorite book were music, what song(s) would it be?


That's the prompt for this week's YA Highway Road Trip Wednesday. Immediately Avril Lavigne's "Keep Holding On" came to mind. The song strongly reminds me of my WIP's characters, their relationships, and what they have to go through.  Of how they stand strong and fight for, and protect, each other to the end.  They keep holding on through everything their journey throws at them.


I may have blogged about that already elsewhere on here or on my website, but the last time I heard the song on the radio awhile back, it all really hit me just how much it seemed to be a song for the soundtrack of The MirrorMasters.


So, what's the soundtrack of your story? Whether that's a favorite book or a work in progress of your own, share your thoughts and leave a link here.

Comments

  1. I love making playlists for my books. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - a playlist - that's what I need to do.

    I'd be interested to see what currently pubbed authors say in response to this question. Like Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Alison. It'd be so cool to see what authors say about their own books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't it fun how different music inspires each and every one of us? I'm really liking this week's prompt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a huge Avril fan, but I really like that song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know her well (I'm old) but I will have to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, guys!

    Playlists are a lot of fun. It's the first time I've come up with one for any of my stories. I may just have to see what other songs should be on that soundtrack! It's a blast seeing what everyone else picks for their book's songs/soundtracks, too!

    Ooh, the Hunger Games...I haven't read it, but I've been hearing about it. I'll have to check it out. I'd definitely love to hear what other authors have to say about music for their books, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pick. I really love picking songs that fit books...whether they are my own WIP or just something I read. My current MS really came together after I found the song "Tears of the Moon" by Conjure Moon. So sad, but great.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts