A Review of Breaking Dawn

The other day, I downloaded to my Kindle the wonderful book Breaking Dawn, the fourth in the Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer. Admittedly, I haven't read the rest of the series but have seen the first three movies. The story itself was intriguing from start to finish, from Edward and Bella's beautiful wedding to a thrilling final showdown with the Volturi. I hope that isn't too much of a spoiler for anyone who hasn't read the book yet. After all, what would the book be without a Volturi showdown, right?

All in all, I thought the events and thoughts of the characters were described well. Funny, touching, and intense, the fast-paced story had me turning page after page (well, pushing the Next Page button at any rate), barely able to put down my Kindle except by necessity. Having a section from Jacob's perspective was pretty amazing. Oh, and seeing Vampire Bella was fun! And I will also leave you with two more tidbits. There is an absolutely adorable half-vampire/half-human child that may or may not pose a threat to vampires and humans alike. Oh, and I have to say that I love what the story did to showcase Bella's thought-blocking, protective gift.

The movie of Breaking Dawn comes out in theaters November 18,2011.

Comments

Popular Posts