What Books Do You Want to See in Film?

Tons of books get made into movies. After all, books are a terrific source of ideas for a story that will become the next popular film. Though the adaptations aren't always what we envisioned, there's something almost magical about seeing a beloved book brought to life on the big screen. Sometimes, it's the other way around, where we've discovered that a movie we enjoy happens to be based on a book. Either way, it can be a treat to experience a story both in book and film.

Two of the movies I'm most anticipating this fall are based on books. Of course, there's part one of the final Harry Potter movie, Deathly Hallows. Accio November 19! Then there's the third film based on the Chronicles of Narnia, Voyage of the Dawn Treader. That's coming out December 10. I'm also looking forward to one day seeing the first Stephanie Plum book become a movie (It's starring Katherine Heigl as Stephanie), and I've heard Stephenie Meyer's book The Host will be made into a movie.

What books do you want to see in film? I would be so thrilled to see one of my favorite trilogies from my teen years, The Darkangel Trilogy by Meredith Pierce, made into film. Having just read the hilarious Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson, I'd love to see that in film, too. Ok, so both are vampire stories. But they're each amazing in their own ways. Oh, and of course I'd one day love to see The MirrorMasters turned into a movie. Wouldn't we all love to see that happen for our books? Anyway, let me hear your suggestions!

Comments

  1. Hmm, I remember this series of books that came out in my middle school years...Avalon or something like that? It had these three girls who were mages that could travel between worlds and had animal guides and stuff. I LOVED those books in middle school and think it would be cool to see them made into movies, just for nostalgia's sake. =)

    Supposedly there was supposed to be a movie in the planning for it too, but that never happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Avalon sounds like a great story, and I'd love to see a movie made of it. Mages, traveling between worlds, and animal guides...what more could you ask for in a story? Well, except for reincarnation, time travel, and interdimensional travel, of course ;)


    It's a shame when movies that are supposed to get made, don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, very true. I just joined another reincarnation site, and I love it, but it isn't our usual kind. It's set at a high school, and the students are reincarnations of historical figures. It's a blast. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that sounds like fun! Reincarnation stories are awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing where our latest future life rp is going to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good! I'll have to read that one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment