Procrastination is a Beautiful Thing...

Current Mood: Playful
What I'm Reading: Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich

So, what's on your bookshelves these days?

Lately I've been doing a bit of reading/listening to audiobooks. My husband and I borrowed the audiobook of Garth Stein's The Art of Racing in the Rain. It's one of my new favorite books, and I love the narrator, Enzo, who happens to be a dog. Enzo is a very philosophical dog nearing the end of his life. He wants to be a human in his next life, just like he's heard about on a TV show about the belief in Mongolia related to what happens to a dog's soul when he dies. Enzo tends to watch a lot of TV, especially anything and everything to do with car racing. His master, Denny, is a race car driver struggling with a tragically difficult family situation, and it's a touching and often heartbreaking story. But it's really, really sweet and the ending is perfect!

On the way back from visiting my family for my birthday last weekend, we'd finished that book, so we started listening to Sizzling Sixteen on our Kindle. So far, it's funny, as usual. What I'll be reading next is Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson. It was a birthday gift, and the story of the newly undead former model/prophesied Vampire Queen sounds like it'll satisfy my Buffy fix. I so miss Buffy the Vampire Slayer!

Anyway, while I should be working on The MirrorMasters tonight, I've been doing other stuff online. Like blogging. And reading other blogs. Nathan Bransford had an awesome link to an Ode to Querying by Tahera. Absolutely hilarious! I'm definitely going to print that out when it's finally time to query. Oh, and I owe a role play post, which I will do this weekend, in addition to finishing chapter 10.

I feel a bit guilty for not working on The MirrorMasters tonight, but it's just not happening until tomorrow. Do any of you feel like that if you don't work on your writing on a given day?

As always, I'd love to hear from all you writers and fantasy fanatics out there :)

Comments

  1. Hello there! Thanks for stopping by the blog...I am sadly having one of those "I can't seem to write" days. I'm working on the fourth (or is it fifth?) draft of my YA fantasy novel, nearing the querying stage. It's pretty stressful!

    As for what I'm reading...I just finished Looking for Alaska by John Greene. My new favorite book!

    Look forward to keeping up with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pesky "I can't seem to write" days are such a pain, aren't they? At least it gives an excuse to do something else though.

    -grin-

    That's wonderful that you're so far along in your novel! I'm also writing a YA fantasy, but I'm only about halfway through. I can only imagine how stressful the getting ready to query stage must be! Best wishes to you with all of it!

    Thanks so much for stopping by here!

    I just checked out the info on Looking for Alaska at the Amazon website, and it sounds really good! I may have to check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new writer...I've just been playing with short stories and fanfiction. I find that I write best really late at night. I put it off until then. And then I stay up too late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Alison! Welcome :) I'm a new writer as well. I did role play and fanfiction in the Roswell and Harry Potter universes for a long time. It's great to meet another fanfiction writer! This year, though, I decided to work on an original story I've had in my head for years, and so now my first draft of my first novel is about halfway done. My best time of the day for writing is in the morning, when possible. Today I'll just be getting to work soon on (hopefully) completing Chapter 10.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment